There are lots of reasons why you should be selling your own information products online. If you sell standard products but don’t have a lot of money to invest in new stock or inventory then Information products allow you to add a new product with little expense.
Now you may be thinking, “But I sell candles how can I write an information product about candles?” Well, you don’t necessarily have to write about candles, people interested in candles may also be interested in home organization or aromatherapy. Talk to your customers and readers and find out what information they are craving.
If you sell personalized candy wrappers you may be able to write about how to throw the perfect kids party. Or you might even give them ideas on how to start their own candy-wrapping business…and show them how they can buy all their supplies from you!
Here are a few more reasons why every online business owner should have their own information product:
– They add great value to your customers and readers, and they’re relatively easy to put together.
– You do the work once and you’ll have a product that will keep producing for you over and over again.
– You can create an affiliate program and get others to promote your product.
– You can take a short portion of the product, turn it into a free report and use it to build your mailing list (and of course promote your paid product).
– It’s an extra passive income stream for your business, especially when everything is downloaded right off the Internet. There’s no need to go to the post office.
Information products can be a great added income in your online business.